Quiz Of The Year Winner
Featured News | 7th January 2013
Congratulations to Neil Singh who is the winner of a match worn Nottinghamshire shirt in our Christmas quiz.
BBC Radio Nottingham commentator Dave Bracegirdle set the questions and the answers can now be found below.
1 To which Caribbean island did Notts go to for their pre-season tour?
2. They trained at the Cricket Academy run by which former Notts all-rounder?
3. Samit Patel made his England Test debut in Sri Lanka in March. Which former Notts player presented him with his cap?
4. Which batsman scored 195 against Loughborough UCCE in the opening first class match of 2012?
5. And who scored a century on his Notts debut in the same match?
6. Who scored his first Notts century in the LVCC win at Durham?
7. Paul Franks took his 500th first class wicket during the season. Who was the batsman he dismissed to reach the landmark?
8. Which Nottinghamshire player was invited to 10 Downing Street in April?
9. The highest first class score made against Notts was an undefeated 204 by which England-bound batsman?
10. Who succeeded Derek Brewer as Nottinghamshire’s Chief Executive?
11. Who took figures of 7-32 as Notts defeated Lancashire at Old Trafford?
12. At which venue did James Taylor captain the England Lions against West Indies?
13. Which visiting nightwatchman scored a Trent Bridge century against Notts in May?
14. Riki Wessels made the highest score of his career against Sussex at Hove. How many runs did he get?
15. How many sixes did James Taylor hit in his unbeaten 115 away against Hants in the CB40?
16. Who was Andre Adams 600th first class victim?
17. Who won the Man of the Match Award in Notts’ t20 win at Grace Road against Leicestershire Foxes?
18. For how many seasons has Mick Newell been Nottinghamshire’s director of cricket?
19. Which batsman scored 99 for England in their Trent Bridge t20 win over the West Indies?
20. Which Nottinghamshire bowler appeared in a CB40 match with a ginger Mohawk haircut.
21. On which ground did Notts reduce their CB40 opponents to 8-5 in the fourth over?
22. Which 21-year old bowler replaced Darren Pattinson for the t20 quarter final v Hants?
23.Who scored his 15th first class century in Notts draw with Middx at Uxbridge?
24. Riki Wessels picked up one first class wicket during the season. Who was his victim?
25. Which 41-year old fielded for Notts in their LVCC match at Taunton?
26. Notts remained undefeated in their first 12 County Championship matches, their best start since when?
27. Which bowler, discarded by England earlier the same day, took 9-67 against Notts at Trent Bridge in August?
28. Who was the other batsman to get out in that innings and how was he dismissed?
29. Apart from Chris Read, who else skippered Notts in a CB40 match in 2012?
30. Alex Hales and Riki Wessels added 168 together v Durham, the first opening stand by a Notts pair at Trent Bridge since what year?
31. Surrey’s Jason Roy provided which Notts bowler with his maiden first class wicket?
32. Notts used four different openers against Surrey at the Kia Oval. Hales, Wessels, Edwards and who else?
33. Notts finished in which position in the LVCC Division One table?
34. Which spinner signed a new 2-year contract with Notts in October?
35. Who was named the ECB Groundsman of the Year?
36. Who will be given a Benefit Year by Nottinghamshire in 2013?
37. Michael Lumb top-scored in the Champions League t20 Final playing for which team?
38. The release of the 2013 fixtures gives Nottinghamshire an away CB40 match in which Minor County?
39. Which former Yorkshire and Lancashire all-rounder joins Notts for 2013?
40. Who was crowned Nottinghamshire’s 2012 Player of the Year?
Tie-Breaker: How many runs will be scored on the first day of the Australia v Sri Lanka Test Match, beginning at Sydney on January 3rd?
2 FRANKLYN STEPHENSON
3 BRUCE FRENCH
4 NEIL EDWARDS
5 JAMES TAYLOR
6 MICHAEL LUMB
7 ARUL SUPPIAH
8 CHRIS READ
9 NICK COMPTON
10 LISA PURSEHOUSE
11 ANDRE ADAMS
13 OLLIE RAYNOR
16 ASHWELL PRINCE
17 STEVEN MULLANEY
19 ALEX HALES
20 ANDY CARTER
22 JAKE BALL
23 ADAM VOGES
24 LUKE WELLS
25 WAYNE NOON
27 GRAEME ONIONS
28 LUKE FLETCHER (run out by Onions)
29 JAMES TAYLOR
31 SAM WOOD
32 HARRY GURNEY
34 GRAEME WHITE
35 STEVE BIRKS
36 GRAEME SWANN
37 SYDNEY SIXERS
39 AJMAL SHAHZAD
40 CHRIS READ
Tie break answer: 294 runs were scored on the First Day of the Australia v Sri Lanka Test at Sydney.