Notts Outlaws travel to Headingley in their final group stage fixture in the NatWest T20 Blast, facing fourth-placed Yorkshire Vikings on Friday night.

Notts have been forced into one further change from the 11 who took to the field against Northants, with Harry Gurney’s minor calf complaint opening the door for Jake Ball to make his T20 return after a period on the sidelines with a broken metatarsal.

“It’s going to be good. Hopefully be a good crowd, they need to win to get through, so what better time is there to get a game in?” he said. 

“It’s the last group game, its probably the last chance I’ll get to show Mick what I can do with T20 this season. 

“If there are any injuries just show him that I’m ready to step up to the plate for the quarter final. But also I need to show him that I’m ready with the white ball for the 50-over competition which starts on Sunday.”

The Outlaws will visit Headingley with their place in the quarter-finals confirmed, while Yorkshire’s future remains in the balance, requiring victory to guarantee passage.

After beating the Vikings in a tense contest at Trent Bridge earlier in the summer, Ball is wary of their threat, especially in home comforts. He has, however, backed himself to produce under pressure. 

“They have a lot of good players, there’s Aaron Finch at the top of the order and a lot of power hitters that can clear the ropes.

“There’s a little bit of pressure on me, probably after having played most of the Twenty20s last year to not play in any so far this summer.

“it’s just a case of showing what I can do coming back into the side and showing what I can offer to the team, what I can do that’s different to the other bowlers in our side.”

Ball became an instant fan favourite in the Outlaws’ last knockout match at Trent Bridge, taking 4-25 and propelling his side into the Yorkshire Bank 40 final. Now, Ball is hoping to play a part in another home knockout game, this time taking the Outlaws to Final’s day.

“We have the home quarter-final almost wrapped up, so in that sense there isn’t a lot of pressure on the game, but from a personal point of view I really want to, and need to put a good performance in,” he said.

“I love playing in front of the crowd at Trent Bridge, but I can’t be distracted by looking ahead.

“The bowlers have been on fire through the competition, they’ve all been doing really well, so I’m under no illusion how difficult it will be.”

Notts Outlaws XI to face Yorkshire: Alex Hales, Steven Mullaney, Riki Wessels, Samit Patel, James Taylor, James Franklin, Chris Read, Sam Wood, Ajmal Shahzad, Luke Fletcher, Jake Ball.