Steven Mullaney: "My Week In Oz."

Featured News | 30th January 2010

Nottinghamshire all-rounder Steven Mullaney continues his diary from down-under.

Monday 18th January - Straight in the gym for a Monday session before having a hit on the bowling machine with a difference. We had it on 90-95mph bouncers with tennis balls. Was great fun but at the same time the heart was pumping like anything.
Tuesday 19th January – Straight on the bowling machine at 10am before having a break for lunch and then another hour on it with Paul Franks. It was good to work with another Notts player and I really enjoyed it. Home at around 4pm for an hours rest before training at McKinnon.We had centre wicket practice which went very well. Back to Scott and another of my mates Chris' house for a shower and change before heading down to the Japanese Tepenyaki restaurant for a meal.
Wednesday 20th January - Down to the centre earlier than normal to do a coaching course with Chris for the kids on holidays which I really enjoyed. That ran from 10am-1pm and then it was back to work on my game on the bowling machine. After that a short core session before heading home for a relaxing night in where I watched ‘Max and Paddy’ on DVD before going to bed.
Thursday 21st January - Today was Chris and his wife Tania's eldest daughters 5th birthday so we didn’t go to the centre. Chris spent the day with the family and I joined in with them for a couple of hours. We then had training at McKinnon that night so headed down there at 5pm-7.30pm. We had a good, hard practice with batting, bowling, fielding and fitness all involved. We stayed at the club for selection before heading home for tea.
Friday 22nd January - Up early again and down to the centre for day 2 of the coaching course. A great bunch of kids which made the coaching easy as well as enjoyable. After that Me, Paul Franks and Scott where on the bowling machine at 1.30 to work on our games before a gym session to finish off the week. That night me and a few mates went to a comedy night in the city which was very entertaining. Then home to bed before the first day of our 2 day game against Keilor.
Saturday 23rd January - Was up early for some breakfast to get ready for the game. Went round to Chris's house to see him and have a chat about the game and also to see my god daughter and his other two daughters along with his wife Tania. Then it was off to the ground. We did our warm up and then got the news that we had lost the toss and were in the field. We didn’t start as well as we wanted but then clawed it back a little to reduce them to 122-5 at tea. We went back out and had two early strikes which made them 155-7. They had some good batters with experience down the order and on a very good wicket ended the day 288 all out. I had a better day and ended up with figures of 4-61 off 23. A few things started to click and I was very happy. Chris took the other 6 wickets so I was really happy for him too. A quiet night in at Chris's that night where O watched Notts boys Dave Hussey and Dirk Nannes win the T20 Big Bash with Victoria and then a game of Tiger Woods (golf!) to finish off.
Sunday 24th January - Down to the beach in the morning to get rid of all the stiffness from the day before. In the afternoon we went to the zoo with all the family because it was the birthdays of the couple I am living with. So a nice relaxing day to finish off the week. It is also my cousin Jack’s birthday today so may I wish him a very happy birthday.


David Hussey celebrates the triumph of Victoria Bushrangers in the KFC Big Bash

Last Fixture

15th September 2014 at Trent Bridge

LV= County Championship Division 1





website design, development, nottingham, leicester by 3bit studio ltd