Notts all-rounder Steven Mullaney recalls his second week in Melbourne.

Monday 11th January - My second week in Australia began with almost unbearable heatwave. With temperatures hitting 45 degrees I got up and headed straight to the centre for a gym session with my mate Scott at 10.30. After that a bowling machine session before a bit of lunch and a shift in the shop. Went home at around 4pm and then went out for dinner at 6.30pm with Scott and Chris to a lovely restraint in St Kilda. Then back to their house to watch a film before heading to bed.
Tuesday 12th January
- After struggling to sleep because of the heat (sorry, I know it sounds like I’m bragging but its true) I was up again and down to the centre with Scott for a kickboxing session with the personal trainer Mark. When he didn’t turn up, we took it upon ourselves to go to the beach to do some running. It was a very hard session but we got through it and then headed back to the centre for lunch and then a bowling machine session with the coach Chris in the early afternoon. Then it was club training in the evening down at McKinnon where I had a good bowl, another hit and some fielding practice. Then home for dinner where I watched South Australia beat Tasmania in the Twenty20 competition.
Wednesday 13th January – I spent the evening with Notts team mate Paul Franks and his wife Helen at their house which is just two streets from where I’m based. I got there at 7pm and had a couple of drinks before half of the Notts dressing room arrived for a pint and a burger. Darren Pattinson and his wife where there, as was David Hussey and his fiancé. It was great to meet my new team mates and we had a good night and a good chat.
Thursday 14th January
- Up early and down to the centre again for a kickboxing class with Mark which luckily this time he turned up for. After an hour long session with him which was very hard i went and got lunch before an hours session on the bowling machine. Back home for a couple of hours rest before we went down to Mckinnon for Thursday night training. Another bat, bowl and some fielding drills. Then selection at the club for the weekend’s games. I managed to keep my place in the 1st team which was a bit of a relief because I hadn’t made the best start but I’m hoping to do myself justice at the weekend.
Friday 15th January - Day before game so was down at the centre again in the morning for a core session before a few buckets on the bowling machine. Went home to get a shower and changed before getting the train to the MCG to watch Victoria face Tasmania in the Twenty20. I had a great night with 43,000 people where there to watch the last Twenty20 home game of the season and witnessed some unbelievable batting from Brad Hodge to get Victoria to the semi-final. Notts boys David Hussey and Dirk Nannes both bowled in the game.
Saturday 16th January
- Game day. We where away today and after losing the toss we were fielding. On a very good wicket we restricted them to 145-7 which was very good.  I had 0-29 but was happy with the way I bowled and felt like I was getting closer to a good rhythm. We chased them down for 7 and my coach Chris played one of the best innings I have ever seen. His 105 not out saw us home. I got 11 before a ‘dodgy’ LBW decision sent me back to the pavilion. I’m happy with how the trip is going but I know I’ve got more hard work this week.