Executive search firm Odgers Berndtson have been appointed to consult the Committee of Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club on the appointment of a Chief Executive to succeed Derek Brewer.
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club is a limited liability company registered as an Industrial Provident Society in 1999. The Club was established in 1841 and Trent Bridge is the third oldest Test Match ground in the world. The Club is responsible for all aspects of professional cricket in Nottinghamshire and has a significant role to play in recreational cricket throughout the county through the Notts Cricket Board, its own development department and the Community Sports Trust (the Club’s charitable arm).
- Delivering operational excellence and developing a strategic plan to facilitate winning of further International and other Major Matches for Trent Bridge.
- Securing sufficient external funding to enable the continued development of Trent Bridge in line with existing plans and future requirements.
- Expand income generating areas of the Club and restructure/expand the Commercial team and to ensure that taking the catering in house (from Oct 2011) is a success.
- Build on the success of the Club’s Community programmes to leave a lasting legacy from the 2013 and 2015 Ashes series.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership of the team to maintain Trent Bridge’s position as the top cricketing venue for spectators in the country.
- Ensuring that sound financial principles are practiced throughout the Club and that budgets are met.
- A significant Commercial track record and experience of planning, managing and operating major events, preferably in the area of spectator sports.
- Strategic dexterity with the ability to turn policies into actions (a strategic thinker).
- Ability to represent the Club within key Local, Regional and National communities and to communicate effectively with local and national media.
- A passion for cricket and an understanding of how it can influence peoples lives.
How to apply
Click here to visit the Odgers Berndtson website for further details and application instructions.