Paul Johnson, Nottinghamshire’s Club Captain between 1996-98, is set to speak at the Nottingham Cricket Lovers’ Society’s next meeting on Thursday 21 November.
Johnson, whose career with the green and golds spanned across three decades and who is currently serving as Vice-President, will be in conversation in the Derek Randall Suite from 7.30pm.
There are five further events to be held by the society this winter, with current Notts Assistand Head Coach Paul Franks among those appearing before the start of the 2020 season.
Membership of the Society for the full season costs £15, and cards can be purchased in the Randall Suite.
Alternatively, attendance at each individual meeting costs £5 per head.
Upcoming Cricket Lovers' Society Events (all held in the Derek Randall Suite, with a 7.30pm start time)
- Thursday 21 November – Paul Johnson, Nottinghamshire Club Captain from 1996-98, and player between 1982 and 2002.
- Thursday 5 December – Graham Woodward, ECB Stadium Announcer
- Thursday 16 January 2020 – Paul Franks, Nottinghamshire Assistant Head Coach
- Thursday 6 February – The Revd Mike Vockins MBE, Secretary and Chief Executive of Worcestershire CCC from 1971-2001
- Thursday 27 February – John Stephenson, former Head of Cricket at MCC
- Thursday 12 March – Tatenda Taibu, Zimbabwe Captain 2004, player 2001-2012 (this event will also double as the Society's Annual General Meeting).
Nottinghamshire Membership for the 2020 season is on sale, with those who join for next season bestowed access to all scheduled Notts home matches, international tickets in Members' areas and a range of exclusive benefits.