This winter’s run of Nottingham Cricket Lovers' Society meetings begins this evening (10 October), with Nottinghamshire icon Samit Patel in conversation.
The all-rounder will discuss the highs and lows of his career with BBC Radio Nottingham's Colin Slater in the Derek Randall Suite, with the event commencing at 7.30pm.
The event is the first of a run of eight evenings organised by the society, with Notts legends Chris Lewis, Paul Johnson and Paul Franks all due to appear over the winter.
Membership of the Society for the full season costs £15 and cards can be purchased in the Randall Suite before the opening meeting.
Upcoming Cricket Lovers' Society Events (all held in the Derek Randall Suite, with a 7.30pm start time)
- Thursday 31 October – Chris Lewis, formerly of Nottinghamshire, Surrey, Leicestershire and England
- Thursday 21 November – Paul Johnson, Nottinghamshire Club Captain from 1996-98, and player between 1982 and 2002.
- Thursday 5 December – Graham Woodward, ECB Stadium Announcer
- Thursday 16 January 2020 – Paul Franks, Nottinghamshire Assistant Head Coach
- Thursday 6 February – The Revd Mike Vockins MBE, Secretary and Chief Executive of Worcestershire CCC from 1971-2001
- Thursday 27 February – John Stephenson, former Head of Cricket at MCC
- Thursday 12 March – Tatenda Taibu, Zimbabwe Captain 2004, player 2001-2012 (this event will also double as the Societys' Annual General Meeting)
Nottinghamshire Membership for the 2020 season is on sale, with those who join for next season currently bestowed exclusive access to applying for international tickets.