Nottinghamshire batter Ben Slater is the guest speaker at the next meeting of the Nottingham Cricket Lovers’ Society on Thursday 9 December.
Slater, his county’s leading run-scorer across all formats in 2021, will appear at the event in the Long Room, with the meeting due to commence at 7.30pm.
The evening will also feature a talk from Heritage Officer Steve LeMottee on the connections between WG Grace and Nottinghamshire cricket, in the year which marked the 150th anniversary of the cricketing giant’s maiden appearance at Trent Bridge.
Membership of the Cricket Lovers' Society costs £15 per year, and includes complimentary access to each of the society's monthly meetings across the winter.
Supporters are also welcome to pay £5 on the door to attend an individual meeting.
Further details are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All meetings of the society commence at 7.30pm at Trent Bridge
- Sir Julien Cahn – the ultimate outsider, delivered by Mike McNamara.
- Chris O’Brien, cricket historian & author of ‘Neville Cardus: amazing cricket writer, amazing man’.
- Cricket during the conflict – the story of Nottinghamshire CCC during World War Two, delivered by Steve LeMottee.
- Kevin Shine, Notts Assistant Coach & James Pipe, Notts Head of Science & Medicine.
- Jeff Moore, Chairman, Nottinghamshire CCC.
- Ronnie Irani, Essex CCC and England.
- Mick Newell, Director of Cricket, Nottinghamshire CCC
- Cricket Lovers’ Society AGM
Nottinghamshire membership for the 2022 season is on sale now, with those who join our club bestowed access to all scheduled home domestic cricket alongside a plethora of additional perks.