The January meeting of the Nottingham Cricket Lovers' Society, which was due to take place on Thursday 13 January at Trent Bridge, has been postponed.
The meeting was due to feature a talk from Chris O'Brien, cricket historian and author of ‘Neville Cardus: Amazing Cricket Writer, Amazing Man’, with a talk on Sir Julian Cahn also part of the intended programme.
The Society intends to resume its calendar of events in February, with at least three further meetings before the start of the season.
Nottinghamshire's Kevin Shine (Assistant Coach) and James Pipe (Head of Science and Medicine) are due to speak on Thursday 3 February, while Trent Bridge heritage officer Steve LeMottee will deliver a talk on Notts' cricketing activities during the Second World War.
Membership of the Cricket Lovers' Society costs £15 per year, and includes complimentary access to each of the society's monthly meetings across the winter.
Supporters are also welcome to pay £5 on the door to attend an individual meeting.
Further details are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All meetings of the society commence at 7.30pm at Trent Bridge
- Cricket during the conflict – the story of Nottinghamshire CCC during World War Two, delivered by Steve LeMottee.
- Kevin Shine, Notts Assistant Coach & James Pipe, Notts Head of Science & Medicine.
- Jeff Moore, Chairman, Nottinghamshire CCC.
- Ronnie Irani, Essex CCC and England.
- Mick Newell, Director of Cricket, Nottinghamshire CCC
- Cricket Lovers’ Society AGM
Nottinghamshire membership for the 2022 season is on sale now, with those who join our club bestowed access to all scheduled home domestic cricket alongside a plethora of additional perks.