Rev William Musters, a member of the family that owned much of the freehold of West Bridgford, including Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, was born at Colwick Hall, the family seat, on New Year's Day 1810 and educated at Eton and Corpus Christi, Oxford. He batted successfully in the University match of 1829, being the highest scorer with innings of 29 and 24. He does not appear regularly in cricket records for the county until around 1839, making his Notts first team debut v Kent at Trent Bidge in 1841. Playing for Nottinghamshire against England in 1847 he made his only First-Class half-century, scoring 51 in a comfortable 10-wicket win.
Musters played ten First-Class games, scoring 197 runs at 13.13 and taking four catches. He did not bowl in First-Class cricket. His last recorded match was for Nottingham County Gentlemen v Nottingham Commercial in July 1850.
Taking Holy Orders, he was a deacon at Colwick in 1833 and from 1834 was rector of Colwick Old Church, resigning in 1860.
Rev William Musters Chaworth Musters died at Cassencarie, Creetown, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland, on 16 October 1870.
Nottinghamshire First-Class Number: 46