Luke Wood has signed a contract extension with Nottinghamshire to keep him at Trent Bridge until the end of the 2019 season.
The left-am swing bowler from Worksop, a product of the Club’s Academy, took 18 wickets at 28.44 in four-day cricket this summer, including match figures of 8-83 at Northamptonshire.
The 22-year-old also claimed five wickets in six matches in the NatWest T20 Blast and was part of the squad that won the title in the shortest format for the first time in the Club’s history.
“I’m very pleased to sign again here at Trent Bridge, which is a top-class ground to play at with great people,” said Wood. “I’ve enjoyed my time here so far and hopefully I can create some more fantastic memories.
“It was nice to get the opportunity towards the end of the season. Peter Moores and the rest of the coaching team have helped me evolve my game massively over the last 12 months, so I’m looking forward to making more improvements.”
Wood’s new deal follows Monday’s news that young paceman Matt Milnes has agreed terms at Trent Bridge for 2018.
The former Cuckney CC player has impressed Club management with his performances after regaining full fitness following back trouble.
Director of Cricket Mick Newell said: “Luke’s had a strong end to the 2017 season, particularly in four-day cricket, bowling very well when he got opportunities to play at Northants and Sussex.
“We know he’s a good all-round cricketer with the bat as well as with the ball after he burst onto the scene brilliantly in 2015. He’s had his injury problems since then, but we’ve got a lot of confidence that Luke can come through and play in all formats.”
You can watch all of Nottinghamshire's scheduled home matches next year - in all three formats of the game - by joining our family as a Member for 2018. Become a Member now...