Former Nottinghamshire and England all-rounder Chris Lewis will speak at the Nottingham Cricket Lovers’ Society’s next meeting, on Thursday 31 October.
Lewis, who appeared in 32 Tests and 53 ODIs and whose fall and rise after being convicted of drug smuggling has been documented in print and on stage, will be in conversation in the Derek Randall Suite from 7.30pm.
There are six further events to be held by the society this winter, with Notts legends Paul Johnson and Paul Franks among those appearing before the start of the 2020 season.
Membership of the Society for the full season costs £15 and cards can be purchased in the Randall Suite.
Upcoming Cricket Lovers' Society Events (all held in the Derek Randall Suite, with a 7.30pm start time)
- Thursday 21 November – Paul Johnson, Nottinghamshire Club Captain from 1996-98, and player between 1982 and 2002.
- Thursday 5 December – Graham Woodward, ECB Stadium Announcer
- Thursday 16 January 2020 – Paul Franks, Nottinghamshire Assistant Head Coach
- Thursday 6 February – The Revd Mike Vockins MBE, Secretary and Chief Executive of Worcestershire CCC from 1971-2001
- Thursday 27 February – John Stephenson, former Head of Cricket at MCC
- Thursday 12 March – Tatenda Taibu, Zimbabwe Captain 2004, player 2001-2012 (this event will also double as the Society's Annual General Meeting)
Nottinghamshire Membership for the 2020 season is on sale, with those who join for next season bestowed access to all scheduled Notts home matches, international tickets in Members' areas and a range of exclusive benefits.