Luke Fletcher has been named Nottinghamshire’s LV= Insurance County Championship Player of the Season.
Fletcher was a leading light in a successful County Championship campaign for Notts, who finished the season third in division one.
The 33-year-old took 66 first-class scalps, seven more than anyone else in the competition, at an average of 14.09.
It was a record which saw him recognised as the PCA’s LV= Insurance County Championship Player of the Year, earned via the PCA’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) points ranking.
In his 13th Nottinghamshire season, Fletcher also twice recorded career-best figures – 6-24 against Essex and 7-37 against Worcestershire.
The seamer led a fearsome seam attack for the Green and Golds, with Dane Paterson picking up 54 Championship wickets. It was the first time two bowlers have taken over 50 red-ball wickets in a season since 1999, when Vasbert Drakes and Paul Franks achieved the feat.
Nottinghamshire Player of the Season award-winners:
- Player of the Season: Luke Fletcher
- LV= Insurance County Championship Player of the Season: Luke Fletcher
- Vitality Blast Player of the Season: Samit Patel
- Royal London Cup Player of the Season: Ben Slater
- Emerging Pro Player of the Season: Liam Patterson-White
- Charles Vernon Price Memorial Award: Fateh Singh
Nottinghamshire membership for the 2022 season is on sale now, with those who join our club bestowed access to all scheduled home domestic cricket alongside a plethora of additional perks.